Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Luke is 3!








how did that happen, by the way??? i always heard older people say that life goes faster as you get older, well i guess i am older now because that three years flew by so fast i want to cry. 3 is big...luke is big! i look at him and he has these long KID legs, no chubs or little thigh rolls. and we just have conversations...he asks me questions, and he knows so many things, and has so many ideas and opinions. i hate that it is going so fast, but i also totally love this age. he makes me laugh so hard. he is so eager to learn, and loves so freely. he gets excited about the littlest things and makes everything more fun. i love my lukey!!

for his birthday we had a party at...where else but his favorite place right now, chuck-e-cheese. he was so excited that he was almost frantic, it was so funny. his favorite this time was the monster truck ride. he does all these boy noises now...all these sound effects...like EERRRRRRTT!(like a car skidding?) CHEOOOWW(like a sword?) anyways, it's really funny. such a boy. he loved having his friends there, thanks for coming guys! :)

the best part of his birthday is that his grandma, my amazing mom, came to see us and help celebrate! she is seriously the coolest and we have had so much fun. i'm so bummed that she has to leave tomorrow. :(

9 comments:

Jodi said...

oh happy birthday lukey! We miss you! How fun that your mom is there! I miss you Meliss....

Steck family said...

Oh my goodness! I just had tears reading this! I miss you guys so much! Kensie say happy birthday to Luke!!! love you!!!

Jenny said...

Luke is getting big!!! I can't believe it. Answer to your question...i'm not exactly sure myself what a skinwalker is but I know they are freaky (that is if you believe). Something like a person that can turn into an animal...i don't know... google it!!!

Ivie said...

HAAPY BIRTHDAY LUKE! kids do grow up way too fast.

Jodi said...

i love that 1st picture of him with his huge smile. He is such a handsome boy! I wish we could have been there with you.

Mandy said...

What!?! 3 years old... how did that happen? He sure is a good looking lil boy!

Crystal said...

I'm with Megan- totally teary-eyed while reading this! I love Luke so much and wish we could have been there to celebrate! I showed Ryan the pictures and he said, "Wow! I wish I could have been there, but I couldn't cuz he's still in Ginia, huh?" We both miss you guys so much!

Ty and Whit said...

I know I can't believe he's already teething. It's just a tiny white dot that has broken through the surface. When did Luke start? I love your blog... I showed Tyler and he thinks the pictures on the sides on so cute!! Love it!!

The Comin Family said...

How fun! I'm so sorry we weren't there to join in the festivities! But we'll see you soon!