Sunday, August 3, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!

what is it with moms and poop stories? and why do i feel the need to share?? okay, but i do, and seriously...this is a bad one!

landon had a little diaper rash so i let his little bum stay naked for a minute while i was booking my flight back to california. he had just peed, i figured it would be fine...but i wasn't watching because i was watching the computer screen. luke yells to me, "mom!! landon made a big, huge mess!" and he was RIGHT! i have never seen anything like it! and i have never seen a kid look so excited to be covered in poop! of course i had to take a picture...so here it is for your viewing pleasure. :) sorry if you get grossed out easily!







i thik luke has caught on to the fact that i always take a picture of big messes and things that he probably shouldn't do, but that i think will be funny someday. he must have been feeling left out, because as i was giving landon a bath he comes in with his shirt on backwards and eyeliner all over his cheeks...and says "take a picture of me!" so that's what the one of luke is all about. :)



i have become an expert carpet cleaner this summer- we've spilled spaghetti sauce, sweet potatoes, a FULL BOTTLE of monavie, (purple berry juice) a container of bubbles, yogurt, but this was for sure the grossest. i've actually been able to get all of that out to where you couldn't see it anymore. the trick? oxi-clean and LOTS of boiling water, and a ton of scrubbing. 2 hours later it looks as good as new! anyway, isn't that just sick??

25 comments:

Read and Camille King said...

i love your poop stories, i cant say that ive had any poop experiances just yet (well except for blow outs in the middle of the night. that kind of sucks)
my memorie of you and I would be a few summers ago we went to the lake on your house boat for the forth of july and you were pergo with luke. you were so dang cute i wanted to be pregnunt to. that lasted for only 2 months, then i got scared. 3 years later; Payslee came to visit. and i love every minute of motherhood.
love and miss you!!

Meg & Cache said...

Oh Melissa! ha you weren't kidding!! Landon is like the happiest baby ever in those pics. You seriously are a carpet cleaning pro because even after all those spills your carpet looks better than mine! I'm sad that you guys are leaving but that will be good for you guys to have something to do for 3 weeks!!

Ty and Whit said...

Oh my gosh!! That's so funny and gross!! I'm sure I'll have stories like that sooner than later!!

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh Lis! That is so funny! I showed Ryan and he was like, "Dylan come look at Yandon and all his poopy!" Our whole family was cracking up at your little guys! We love you guys so much!

Valerie said...

oh....WOW!!!! i wouldn't have been able to handle that!!! the joys of motherhood! =)

Jenny said...

So explain the oxi and boiling water trick exactly?? I'm desperate for a way to keep my carpet clean...

The Cooks said...

WOW that is funny! I wish so bad you could come to the wedding its going to be so great! I miss you guys so much.. The boys are growing up so fast..... Well call me when you come to town. Love and miss you....

Juline said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is crazy! I am so proud of you...high five from mom to mom. I had a very similar thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. Crazy kids!

Wright Life said...

MELISSA! That is one of the funniest things I have EVER seen! You have the funniest kids, although I'm sorry that poop has to be involved. I love your attitued about the whole thing too. You're such a great Mom!

Juline said...

hey...where are you guys moving to next? are you coming back to the west coast? I think i heard something about idaho...am i right? I would love to see you! We'll have to figure something out.
love ya lis!

walters said...

Holy crap is right! I am so sorry but my husband and I couldn't stop laughing! I did feel bad for you that you had to clean all that up! Those kids sometimes they keep on surprising us! You just never know what they're going to do next! So darn cute though even if they are covered head to toe in poo! : )

uniquelynat said...

what a crack up! that is for sure the grossest post i have ever read. but good for you that you were able to keep your head. i am always so mad that i never think to take pictures until it is all over and cleaned up. then i think "shoot why didn't take a picture of that!??!"

Kaili McKay said...

Hahaha. WOW. That is a lot of pOOp :) You poor girl. poop stories are always fun to share. Luke and Landon have mischievous/innocent smiles just like you, love it!

big_smartmouth said...

wow! that just makes me wanna' make sure i take my birth control on a regular basis! hahaha! jk! i love that you can look at that situation and laugh at it by taking pics and blogging it. i hope i can have that same type of fun loving, open mindedness when i become a mom!

Kacie said...

Someday I'll have to show you pics of my poop story!!! Oh kids we love them! Landon is so cute even with poo all over!!

Ivie said...

oh my goodness! i am speechless. i love pictures of luke laughing!

tennille said...

Wow Melissa! I wouldn't of even known where to start! I probably would've started ripping up the carpet. That's amazing you got it all out.

Monica&Kevin said...

LOL This is the funniest post ever. He's still cute w/ poop all over lol... Do you know the remedy to get red Kool-Aid out??

Cassie Mickelsen said...

That is so funny! I have totally found myself telling more poop stories than usual since I became a mom. And for some reason I think they are funny. It's a good think they are so darn cute, isn't it?

Cassie Mickelsen said...

That is a great plan! Hey, when are you guys moving back to Idaho? We are moving there this weekend. We need to get together sometime.

Cassie Mickelsen said...

That is so exciting. I am moving in with my mom in Rigby for a few months. We for sure should get together soon. I just noticed that your last three comments are from me. :)

The Cooks said...

Lis! We will be in Rexburg this weekend! SO PROMISE TO CALL ME! I would love to see you.. The wedding was so perfect, i wish you could have been there.. Love ya

Amelia said...

Next time just let him go out and play in the mud! :)
Have a safe trip, hope to hear from you sometime!

Tony and Traci said...

Melissa, WOW you have two kids. Your family looks really cute. I see that you guys are doing the alarm gig too. I have been doing it for about 3 years now. I started with APX. Anyway, I wanted to say hi. I had a blast in highschool hanging out with the Oakdale girls. I think back to all the parties we had. Remember when those drunk guys crashed one of the parties and a huge fight broke out.
Anyway, I moved back to Turlock about a year ago for a couple of months and took a break from the alarms and woked at Home Depot in riverbank. I saw your sister and her husband there. But im back in AZ selling some more. Ttyl. -Tony Liston

Anonymous said...

Every time I check your blog to see if you've updated, I see poo. lol. Nasty!! My turn will come though. haha.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog. :)