i am really loving being so close to stuff! today we walked around a little bit and went to the library. it seriously took like 5 minutes to go down the elevator and walk down the street. luke was so cute... we read like 50 books and he wanted to keep going! landon was being crazy though. he used to not like to read so it makes me happy to see him excited about it. luke told me that caillou went to the library and brought books home, so he wanted to just like caillou. i have not been a big fan of caillou because he's such a whiny kid. i swear luke is more whiny after he watches. but, i guess the show isn't that bad. :)
yesterday i went to go pick up a crib i found on craigslist. we don't have room to bring ours out here, so last year i did the same thing and sold it before we left(and ended up making money off of it!) i just followed the navi and had no idea where i was going, but took one exit too early and ended up at arlington national cemetery. then i passed the pentagon. ok, usually when i take a wrong exit or get lost i end up at a best buy or something... if i'm lucky. on the way home i went a different way and passed georgetown university... beautiful!!! i couldn't believe everything i saw, just on a 20 minute drive to pick something up. people are WAY nicer in the west but there are some amazing things to see out here!
poor landon had a rough day. first he pulled down a mirror that i had propped against the wall, and about an hour later he fell off the dining room chair. so now he has a bruise and a goose egg. he's such a sweet little guy... it makes me feel so bad when he gets hurt! this is a rough age for that! that's another thing we didn't have room to bring... the high chair. hopefully craigslist will come through for me on that one, too.
i have way more to post! i need to get on it!



9 comments:
Hey! So you are in D.C. Cool. The east coast is quite the experience. But it is most definitely fun to be close to so much you wouldn't otherwise see in person. I sometimes miss Manhattan...being able to be so close to such cool things. I am glad to home in Utah though. I will enjoy visiting again someday. I am glad you settling in though. Your apartment is super cute. I really hope we catch each other in California at the same time one of my trips there. It would be nice to see you and your boys. Hope everything goes well for you guys. How long are you going to be in D.C? Love ya!
Soo fun Liss...we wanna be there haha! The apartment looks way cute too! And all of those historical things to see must be awesome! Luke is getting huge! His long legs..gosh it's crazy! Talk to you soon!<3 ya!
The area looks so nice where your'e at. I'm so glad. Poor little landon...his goose egg is big. did your crib turn out to be as good as the last one you had? I hate when you're gone for many reasons...one being I can never reach you by phone :( call me when you get a chance. love ya!
so sad. we went over to moms yesterday and Ky told me that this was Lukeys house too but she couldnt find him and then I started crying...
don't you just love craiglist?! i'm thinking of doing the same thing and buy a bike off there, then resale it at the end of the season. anyway, glad you're all settled in. hope landon feels better today!
So fun Melissa!! I'm excited for you guys!
I hope you guys do well this summer. Traci Made me promise her that we would never do the summer sales again. I am however working for Corporate ADT in the Modesto, Ca office. Its really nice to get leads. However, I still have to knock the occasional door. Good luck! 100+deals YOU CAN DO IT!!!-TONY-
Your apartment looks so cute. I'm glad you're having a good time. It looks great out there. So many awesome places to go! Hope you're loving it all.
I guess I just can't keep up with you...or keep track of where you are. How fun to be living such fun adventures. It scares me to think about living in big far away places like DC but HOW FUN!! I would love to live close to so many things like that.
Post a Comment