Saturday, May 30, 2009

Colonial Farm








last weekend we went back to the market fair at the colonial farm. i didn't take too many pictures because i have a ton from last year. i was so happy my friend jen that's in baltimore met us there... luke was thrilled to see his friend allie again! i feel like whenever i go somewhere with a group i never actually get to hang out because my boys are so wild. luke was all over the place and i was ready to go way before he was.

after the farm we went to the coolest park i have ever seen. i'll find a picture to put up. it's 2 acres of playground equipment with a carousel and the kids were in HEAVEN! i'd like to go again on a weekday when it wasn't so crowded, because once again, with luke running off, i was getting stressed out.

i'm starting to see a pattern here... luke running away... so if anyone has any advice on that i'd love to hear it. :)

also i decided that i needed to stop being so lazy about editing my pictures. i'm not great at photography (i'm working on it though) but i know photoshop pretty well, and my pictures would be so much more interesting if i just took a minute to do some creative editing. on the other hand, though, i want to remember things how they really were and not look back in 20 years with a warped sense of things how things looked, how i looked, etc. so i guess i'll just keep my edits to artistic not cosmetic. :) if that makes any sense! i'm rambling now so i'll just post my pictures and go to bed!

7 comments:

Blog O Directory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cute pictures liss! Looks like you have been getting some great shots out of your new lens....so fun!

Candace said...

I love the first pic of Luke! Its like a flash forward to his high school years picking up on the ladies! So cute! I'm still so bummed we missed out on the farm and the park..we need to go again!

Tony and Traci said...

I think your pictures are great. It could be that your kids love to be in front of the camera, but you always seem to capture the most fun expressions.

Jenny said...

LOVE the pics. I wish you were here so we could learn together? I'm trying to figure out photoshop myself, so I am curious to know what you did to these these photos and how to get the rounded edges. Also, what are you using to learn photoshop?

Jodi said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE WAY YOU EDITTED THESE!! YOU'LL HAVE TO GIVE ME SOME TIPS. SO I CAN MAKE MY PICTURES LOOK COOL TOO. MISS YOU. GLAD YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A FUN SUMMER.

Amber said...

these pics look so good! How did you do that? I have photoshop but i don't know how to do all the tricks:) you are so cute, it sounds like you guys are having a good time. I went through the run away stage with brylee and it was not fun, i hated going anywhere. i always felt like i was yelling at her and running after her..hahaha. good luck! (he will grow out of it, she did)